Computer keeps shutting down without no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonecollector1

Good Morning Everyone

My laptop shut down like 2-3 min after i start it up. The cpu fan was still running but the screen was black and you can feel hot air coming from the vent. I tried it again and it still keeps shutting down. I let the computer cool down and i turn it on 2hrs later and it started as usual and i felt the vents and it wasn't that hot until couple min later when i felt it then it shut off itself off again. Can anyone help?

black screen appears and the system i still on cause i can feel air coming from the cpu vents until i shut down the computer

Overheating -- either the fan for the CPU (mostly copper pipe with fan ) might have stop spinning. Most laptops have 1, 2, 3, 4 and even 6 fan on some models. I take it you don't have Antec cooling pad for the laptop. These have additional 2 fans that works off the USB power.

Which model and band of Laptop you have? You could fix it yourself? Order the part and replace.

Yeah, it's getting too warm, and shuts down to survive. They make cooling pads for those things. A little table with fans in it...about $20. Good Luck. Stay out of the sun.

I noticed that when i start the laptop the heat sink fan would come on then it will cut right back out so i think that's the problem there

Try speedfan control if your MOBO can work with that program. Or just replace the FAN assembly unit.

the same problem occurs when i turn on the laptop the heat sink fan starts to spin then it suddenly stop spinning. The computer screen turns black and then i noticed the fan spins again. Can't solve this problem any help please???

Hey there

Seems like hardware trouble and overheating..... you'll probably have to solve this by taking it in and getting some new components.

Spyder_1386 :)

What make and model do you have? Contact the vendor who makes your unit and see how much it cost? Or look online for many sites sells parts.

LAptop Overheating & Shutting Down

It is an HP Pavilion dv1040us. I've found instructions for some Pavilions but the laptop case looks different from mine. I'm familiar with desktop repair but new to laptops. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back