Computer Reboots Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasukma

hello everyone no mater how many times i try i cannot figure out why my computer is randomly rebooting.i know my way around a computer slightly but i am no tech wiz.

i am runing a Custom computer Windows XP Professional
K7VTA3 Motherboard
AMD athlon XP 2500+ mmx 3Dnow 1.8Ghz Processor
1280MB Ram
DirectX 9.0c
Nvidia Geforce FX5200 PCI Graphics Card
Diamond Multimedia Xtreme Sound 7.1 24bit sound card
80GB Hard Drive
250W Power Supply
Side Cooling Fan

Ihave ran a Virus scan with Mcafee and have done a total care scan and fix with System Mechanic Professional 6.and still no luck...

my computer randomly reboots whenever it wants to.dosent mater what im doing playing a game,watching a movie,web browsing,etc etc.
i have tryed reinstaling windows,updateing drivers,restoring to a previous time.trying diffrent video cards and power supplys but nothing is working.
i am including a log i hope it helps.im at my wits end with this...

EDIT-iturned off automatic restart and later i got a blue screen with some sort of error report here is what it said-
*** STOP : 0x0000004E (0X00000099,0X00000000,0X00000000,0X00000000) if anyone can make sense of it cuz i sure cant :/

RAM was the first thing i thought of.the RAM is functioning Properly.i also thought of the power supply dieing out or not supplying enoph power to the System but that is also not the problem as i have tryed another power supply and the system still Restarts/Reboots

I am thinking it may be a faulty Motherboard....but i am unwilling to go out and buy another one unless i am Sure it is the problem.i am hopeful that someone here can help with this problem and tell me if it is in fact the motherboard or something else.

as i said RAM is not a problem.i am leaning toward the motherboard being Faulty.but unless i cannot get help here i wont be runing out to buy a new one.they are not cheep lol

Are you sure it's not your local power supply problem? or power wire? or electronic socket?
try to change your computer to another location, plug it. maybe resolved. I ever had an alike experience with you.

certainly, the bluescreen issue is just an accident. due to the frequent rebooting.

im curently useing my old computer now with the RAM and Power supply from the computer that is Constantly rebooting and i am haveing no problems with it.so it is not the RAM or powersupply or even the graphics card or CD/DVD drives.i am about 80% sure it is a faulty motherboard...sigh.. i cannot afford another $500+ for a new motherboard..so i guess im prety much screwed

I'm about 95% sure it's software!

There are a number of issues with your system
The MiniDumps (although old) sited Memory Corruption, and your Video Card
Your C drive is almost full! (and the HardDrive is way too small)
I think I counted 4 CD/DVD Drives (at least 1 being virtual)
And generally a mess!

Now there are two ways to handle this, but this is what I'd do (seeming you're concerned about HardWare)

Purchase another (larger capacity HardDrive) Note the old one isn't faulty!
Install it
Load Windows
Load Drivers (no programs yet)
Update to SP3 (no programs yet !)
Do not install any virtual CD/DVD Drive anything (ever)

Install Antivirus at last (ie Avira or Avast free Antivirus)
By the way Avira has a big splash screen
And Avast requires free registration <-they just introduced, *****s!)
At last plug in your old HardDrive as Slave (on a different IDE Cable, ie with the one DVD Drive)
Search and return any backup data (not programs)

Now install Office/Adobe/Media Player and all the rest (standard stuff only!)

Use it for a couple of weeks, to really confirm all is Ok
Then install any personal programs/games that you want

Reply back here one day!

You say you can't afford to purchase another (larger capacity) HardDrive?
Then backup to external media (flash/DVD/ other)
And re-install Windows clean (by removing the Partition and all, during setup)
Continue similar to above (but this time with only one harddrive installed)

Recommendation: Highly Recommended !

that is the most detailed reply i have ever got thank you for the time and Patience in helping me.i will go buy another Hard drive as you sugjested seeing how there far less expensive as a new motherboard wich i was fearing was faulty.

i will try wipeing the Harddrive clean today and reinstalling windows and the updates alone. and i will get back here with a update to this problem in a few days.

again thank you for your patience and help

Update

I went out to buy a new Hard drive 180GB for under $50 (got it on sale) i Wiped my old hard drive clean,cleaned every inch of my PC and went ahead with the long process of reinstalling Windows and all updates SP3.

i then installed McAfee Virus scan and Firewall, i did not install Anything else..

the computer ran fine for a few Hours...then i ran into the same problems yet again..Reboot after Reboot..I Figured i had done something wrong so i repeted the process once more wipeing the drive and then reinstalling windows and its updates to SP3 then installing McAfee Virus scan and Firewall....

It worked fine for another few hours then the same thing happend and begain happening more and more with every Reboot...I found myself to frustrated to continue this anylonger so i packed up my system and took it to a local computer store in my area..

i had the man there check my system and he found a flaw in the Motherboard as i had suspected...not only was the ram port faulty but the ports for AGP and two PCI ports were as well..the big kicker was that the northbridge was also faulty...

so i guess i will be Buying a new Motherboard...i will never again buy another K7VTA3 or any other made from that manufacture..out of all the bad luck i get the worst lemon out of the batch...

i would like to thank kimsland from the bottom of my heart for all the help he provided to me.i thank him/her for takeing time out of his/her life to help someone that he/she didnt even know it is nice to know there are people out there that care and try to help whenever they can.

nah its not a virus its the motherboard as i had thought :( Ram port,AGP port and two pci ports were faulty along with the northbridge :( I already orderd a new Motherboard from Nvidia. i just hope this one will work...building a good computer isnt cheep...

Thank-you for the kind words (although I feel like a heal)
It was that 5% possibility of Hardware. I am truly sorry for getting you to decide upon a (not required) new HardDrive

I have read my posts over, and I see that I give myself a little bit of room of, maybe it's not that.
We have both been helped

Through you and other support members here (also in other posts) I am going to tone down a notch. I think I may be going too quick for myself.
This has been a learning experience. (That was indeed, needed)

Its alright i realy did need a Larger hard drive.i tend to penny pinch lol

i dont realy think anyone could have seen the Motherboard being as faulty as it was.im still shocked to know just how many problems it had :( oh well at least i didnt spend BIG bucks on it.tho the new one im geting was very very spendy.thank you again kimsland :)

i didn't read what was mentioned in other posts above me, but i'll tell you from personal experience:
few months, ago, in november if i'm not wrong, i had same problem!
what was it? power supply!
not pro in knowing how manny watts your pc needs, but it might be the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back