Computer Ruined!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm having a big problem here...Someone help me, please!!

I just got a brand new Dell computer with these specs:

P4 2.6
1 GIG RAM
1 40 GIG Maxtor Hard Drive (C:)
120 GIG Western Digital Hard Drive (D:) (from my old computer)
ATI Radeon 9800

It ran fine the day I got it. The second day it started dropping me out of every video game I played, no matter what. Then it gave me a blue screen and error messages, regardless of whether or not I was playing a game. The latest message was this:

Stop: c000021a
{Fatal System Error}
The Windows Subsystem System process terminated
unexpectedly with a status of 0xC0000005

C0x75e94070 0x0066e1cc

The system has been shut down.

I have tried everything!!

Reformatting
Reinstalling Windows XP Home

Now I can't even get the computer to finish installing Windows. It just gives me a blue screen with error message towards the end of the installation. Does anyone know what this is all about?? The file it keeps referring to keeps changing. I'm completely at a loss. I've seriously tried everything I can think of, but now I'm afraid I'll have to get a new computer. I'd appreciate any help at all.

Thanks!

If you built the machine yourself, reset CPU, memory, cards, everything.

If you buy the machine from a store, return it immediately.

am i right in presuming blue screen crashes are largley ram issues or can it be anything at anytime?

Originally posted by Anubis208
Hey, I'm having a big problem here...Someone help me, please!!

I just got a brand new Dell computer with these specs:

P4 2.6
1 GIG RAM
1 40 GIG Maxtor Hard Drive (C:)
120 GIG Western Digital Hard Drive (D:) (from my old computer)
ATI Radeon 9800

It ran fine the day I got it. The second day it started dropping me out of every video game I played, no matter what. Then it gave me a blue screen and error messages, regardless of whether or not I was playing a game. The latest message was this:

Stop: c000021a
{Fatal System Error}
The Windows Subsystem System process terminated
unexpectedly with a status of 0xC0000005

C0x75e94070 0x0066e1cc

The system has been shut down.

I have tried everything!!

Reformatting
Reinstalling Windows XP Home

Now I can't even get the computer to finish installing Windows. It just gives me a blue screen with error message towards the end of the installation. Does anyone know what this is all about?? The file it keeps referring to keeps changing. I'm completely at a loss. I've seriously tried everything I can think of, but now I'm afraid I'll have to get a new computer. I'd appreciate any help at all.

Thanks!
definetly call Dell. this is unacceptable for a brand new machine. their service is well respected in the pc world, and you at least should give them a call and see what they say. i'd ask what programs or windows/system changes you made in the first 2 days if any, but still, just call dell.

I cannot tell you how many brand-new Dell systems I've seen with problems straight out of the box... (or I'd be shot).

But let me just say... I've seen a whole lot.

Do not fix the problem yourself. Use your warranty while you've got it!

I think you are right in guessing it is a memory problem. But who knows? It could be a number of things. It could be the CPU, the system board or even the graphics card. But my bet it is on the memory here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back