Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranq

Specs:
EPoX EP-5EPA+ Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro PCI-E
1x SATA 120gb Maxtor HD
1x IDE 80gb Maxtor HD

For the last 4 months or so, my computer has been running perfectly except for one problem. When it is powered off, it doesn't boot again. Time and time again I reset the CMOS using the jumpers and most times it boots after maybe 15 tries. Lately, it hasn't been working and no matter what I can't get it to boot anymore. The following codes are displayed on the motherboard's LED screen

C1: Detect memory
C0: Early chipset initialization
03: Initial Superio_Early_Init switch

I have tried running with just one memory module and switching channels as well as re-inserting every single component of the computer. I have a feeling it has something to do with the BIOS and more to do with the second two errors. Everything seems to be fine besides the fans slowing down to boot and nothing shows up on the monitor.

Thanks in advance

I've tried updating the BIOS already when I got the computer to boot a while ago and I took the battery out and left it out for about a minute and then replaced it. Neither worked.

No, nothing shows up on the screen - not even the POST. The fans don't slow down for boot either; they continue to run at full speed and the listed errors appear on the LED screen.

The chip could be bad also, I mean it could be a number of things; Motherboard short somewhere. You need a PCI troubleshooter card to see if that tells you what the problem is. I would swap out the chip if you can get your hands on one. Have you tried just connecting the memory, one hard drive and the video card and see if it boots?

I tried as you said and the same result occured. I did, however, notice that when the power is turned on, the monitor's LED goes green for about 1-2 seconds and then goes back to the idle orange. I'm not sure what this signifies but it happens over and over again. I've tried using the process of elimination on almost every component and I get the same result.

If it has to do with the motherboard shorting against the case...will completely dismantling and then rebuilding the computer be advisable or is there an easier way?

After 2 weeks or so...this problem still persists...I've tried everything on Tedster's post including running the motherboard outside of the case on a cardboard sheet. I still get the FF signal, no boot and no slowing down of fans as well as no response from the monitor. The motherboard company has issued an RMA, would you agree that this problem has to do with the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back