Computer shows memory card is in, but nothing pops up to upload pictures/videos help

Status
Not open for further replies.
For about two weeks now, when I put my SD Memory card in my computer, nothing pops up to allow me to upload videos. I have tried to go to "My computer" and look for the device, but unfortunately it says there isn't a memory card in.
Though, the light is on next to where you insert the memory card, telling me it's in there.
The pictures look fine when they are on my camera, I don't see a problem with my memory card, and it is not on lock.
So, I tried using a USB cord for my Polaroid camera, my memory card in the camera as well.
When I go to my computer, it says it recognizes the device but it tells me the file cannot be formatted.
Only photos on my camera, not on my SD memory card, can be uploaded.
The pictures on this memory card are important to me, and I do not know why they are not uploading. Please helpp.

Sounds like the SD card has died to me, i'm not sure if it's possible to get the pics off of it, maybe someone else on here knows more about that side of things.

Get a cheap SD card reader from someone or buy it. Insert the SD card in the reader then plug in the usb port. Windows will read the card. If the data is corrupt on the card you can use Zero Assumption Recovery software found HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back