Computer Shuts Down without BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer runs nice and fast, but recently I've been having trouble with it. I have Vista 32-bit and Trend micro 2008. Every so often when running the DVD writer or playing a game like Star Wars Battlefront II, it will suddenly just power off. I thought it was a RAM problem and changed the RAM, but that didn't help either. I even added another fan to the case. I definitely need help if anyone can offer it. I've updated video drivers. I made the setup of the bios all on standard, but to no avail. Not sure what is wrong.

P5n32-E SLI Mobo with Q6600 Quad Core Processor
EVGA G8800 GTS 649mb

Make sure that you use only 1 stick of ram though to test because the 2 may be incompatible a would cause restarts.

If thats not the issue try testing the pc with a new harddrive or test your harddrive in another pc if possible.

If thats not the case then your power supply might not be good enough to support your specs or it is faulty.

Ok tried everything but power supply and I still have problems.

My power supply is a 600 watt Coolermaster. Do you think that is too small for my PC?

that psu should be big enough for u're computer but that does not mean it is not faulty, the part that can not be faulty is yet to be built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back