Computer will not connect to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesler

I have my main computer in my office that stopped connecting to the internet . Every other computer in the office has a wireless connection to the web. I have tried to connect this computer hardwired and with a wireless connection. I hooked up my backup computer and it gets connected hardwired or wireless. It seems there is something stopping only this computer from connecting. I replaced the ethernet card and still nothing. I have never ran into this problem. It just stopped letting me on the web on its own. If you need more info please let me know. Thank you kesler

You can't connect wired or wireless? now that is odd

First off I'd say power down computer. Then power cycle the router (what make/model router by the way?). Then restart computer and try wired first. If still a problem Click to download then run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
    • Network
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)

Check if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (It may take a short while till a second window opens)
  • Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post

Thank you, I removed all my antivirus and spyware. I also removed my new printer software and I was able to go back online.

Thank you, I removed all my antivirus and spyware. I also removed my new printer software and I was able to go back online.

I hope you then re-installed your anti-virus and antispyware or you may well find your computer doesn't stay online for long (and/or stay running!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back