Consistant BSOD specific driver issues

NauFirefox

Me things/Hi!: I used to repair computers for a living, I've seen errors for all sorts of reasons and I know this is no different, however this is the first one that's actually stumped me fully. I'm reaching out for help on my own laptop as embarrassing as that is for an ex-technician. I was also, however, forced to learn the craft myself and there was no real "training" involved, so I've learned every blue screen/problem through google.

Issue: When my PS3 controller disconnects and reconnects to my computer ( a slight bumb to the connector at the top of the controller will do this), it causes an instant 0x0000010D BSOD. I can acquire any information about my computer or the error on request, and will edit into this post for visibility.

Story: I've been using [Motion Joy], to use my playstation 3 controller with my laptop to play games. Now, it's always had this issue and some other people have had a fix before, but all of their fixes boil down to two things. One, re-install the driver used for the controller. Two, use another program called [Better DS3]. However, [Better DS3] still needs [Motion Joy]'s driver for it to use the controller. Either way, it uses the same driver, but one of the programs ([Better DS3]) is considered simpler and more stable.

What I have done so far : I removed the program, and driver, then checked my computer for any more of [Motion Joy]. After confirming both were fully removed, I restarted, and reinstalled the program, then the driver, and then restarted again. The issue persisted. I removed the program, and driver again, restarted, installed only the driver, installed [Better DS3] and restarted, the issue persisted.

I would rather not: I would rather buy a controller that doesn't require this software than reinstall windows. I also don't want anyone controlling my computer to fix it for me, no offenses ment anywhere, it's just a preference. ^_^

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 10d
BCP1: 0000000000000005
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000001202
BCP4: FFFFFA8020D5BE40
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\042714-9438-01.dmp
C:\Users\NauFirefox\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16567-0.sysdata.xml

Last edited:
Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

I had an issue with that in oct, but I was pretty sure I only placed the ones from yesterday and today in the zip. It seems like that would be unrelated, but I've seen the strangest things cause bluescreens I guess.

Edit: Going out for a bit, going to run a full scan with Tune-up Utilities to see if that can see any HDD errors. Hopefully I'll get lucky.

Last edited:
CHKDSK found no errors, nor did a full registry scan. Although, I'm not one to believe the program is perfect. What would I do to fix this?

Have you tried using another controller? You stated the slightest bump to the connector cause a blue screen. It might be worth a shot. It might very well be the problem.

I'll have to try one tomorrow, although I'd prefer to fix it if possible. Rather not buy a new one when I have one, you know?

I understand not buying another one. But at least trying another one. Might be worth a shot. This way for sure you will know if it is the controller.

The issue stopped... just randomly stopped happening. I guess it's good for now, but I would rather of figured out the issue so it doesn't come back.

It maybe the controller or it may not. But as long as the issue is not happening. Its pretty hard to figure out what causing it. You may have to wait till you have the problem again.

Back