Consistant nexplore and random site pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I open my browser im getting these random pop ups, I have ran all the tests and found several trojans and viruses which have been treated. Still to no avail these pop ups haunt me. Also I noticed in my task manager that i have two iexplore.exe processes running which I have never noticed before.

Go to the 8-Step Virus & Malware Removal thread and follow the instructions. Take your time and post the other 2 logs

here are the new logs you've requested. I'm pretty nervous now about my computer... wondering if I should just wipe my hard drive =/.

Yes, a reformat & re-install will fix your popup problem, guaranteed. It's also guaranteed to be a big hassle re-installing all your device drivers, programs and backed up files!

A very good antispyware utility that targets this type of spyware is Ad-Aware. This type of spyware is called "adware" and Ad-Aware is the best at removing it. You can find latest version Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition at http://www.download.com.

-- Andy

here are the new logs you've requested. I'm pretty nervous now about my computer... wondering if I should just wipe my hard drive =/.

Delete anything Malwarebytes finds. There's a whole lot of nasties waiting for you to clean. After you do this, your pop up's may be gone. Ad-Aware is ancient history. Download and install Advanced SystemCare free. You too, Almcneil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back