Constant beeps on Bios change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occasionally while playing WoW, my computer crashes. I've considered that it might be a goofy memory problem, so I was going to run a memchecker.
Upon changing my bios so that my CD drive loads first (part of running memcheck) and restarting, my internal speaker makes continual beeps with a black screen. Upon resetting my CMOS, everything boots fine.

Upon further attempts, I have found that changing ANYTHING beyond the default short-out settings, even changing my bios to "default optimal settings", causes this failure. I have -absolutely- no idea why this is...unless my battery has gone dead and trying to load non-defaults is making the baord cranky or something? Any ideas?

My loadout:

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6700
- CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
-Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 650W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three 12V
-Foxconn MARS motherboard
- EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI

Running XP SP3 32 bit

Does the clock in Windows show the correct date and time, even after you unplug the computer from the wall for a night?

Does the clock in Windows show the correct date and time, even after you unplug the computer from the wall for a night?

Yeah, it does. Which I suppose means it isn't a problem with the onboard battery.

Also, I've used Fox's utility to get the latest firmware upgrades for the board. Same result. =S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back