Constant crashing/freezing/BSOD Windows 7 x64

I built this PC a little over a year ago, and it worked great up until about 4 months ago. It started randomly freezing, not often, so I ignored it. I then started to see the odd crash/restart and BSOD.

The BSOD message that comes up is:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It takes me usually multiple power on and off's before the computer will even begin to boot, and then I usually have to go through 2-4 Freezes/Crashes/BSOD until it will finally stay stable enough I can do something. And even then I've got maybe 45 minutes until it crashes again.

A friend suggested that it sounds like my HDD drive has corrupted and needs to be replaced, I'm hoping that's the problem cause it's an easy fix, but I figured I'd come here for some help before I tried anything.

Everything in the computer was purchased new when I built the computer except for the PSU.

5 most recent dumps posted.

Attachments

• Dump Files.zip
    121.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi Krazey, nice to see you started your own thread... The BSOD has to do with the Intel video driver. What are your computer specs? Are you using anything Norton?

AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor 3.40ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560
M4A79XTD Evo Motherboard
8gb Ram (cant seem to find what kind of ram it is, just that there's 8gb of it)
750 GB HDD
Anything else ya need to know?

I do not have Norton or an anti-virus installed at this time, but I have scanned my computer and it seems to be clean.

No windows was installed fresh when I built thecomputer last year. I'll download and get a virus scan going again, I just used one of the free ones a week agoand it cane back with nothing. Any suggestions on which anti-virus to get?

I would try restoring the system back to a time prior to the BSOD's starting. Could be a MS update incompatibility issue.

Back