Continous Important Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeton

Hello

For the past week or so, every time I go to shut off my laptop and my desktop I get the "Click Turn Off to install important updates...." When I turn of the computers the machines go through the steps of installing the updates. But then when I turn off the next time I get the same window. I am not sure whether I am dealing with a malware/spyware or a registry problem. I have run Spybot and AVG with no special infection messages. I am becoming paranoid about turn off the computers now.

don't worry about it. the updates may not be complete or corrupt when you get them. if this go's on for a long period of time, then there may be cause for concern.
you can also be selective about the updates, and choose not to inform you of this 'type of update'

Updates

Hello, thanks for the response. I believe I have found out what is going on although I still don't know why. Microsoft is trying to install the "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)" but can't so it keeps coming back asking to install the update. Maybe somebody else has run into this specific problem and can offer a solution.

if you contact microsoft, they will poste a copy of SP2 to you. then if that is the case, problem solved. or just download it. but it can take a while for some people!

Update problem

So you think that by re-installing Service Pack 2 I will get rid of the this pesky request for me to install a Service Pack 1 security patch??

Solution!

Thanks Tomcra, your links led me to the solution. The only problem is I had a systems crash right after that and have just gotten back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back