Core 2 Duo OC problems HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CpuTore

Hi.
I have a cheap Motherboard (asus P5GZMX) and the slowest ddr2. But I overclocked the Core2 Duo to 1.86ghz & 2.10 (300 bus speed) it runs ok but I get less performance after overclocking?

Also After I Overclock my SATA HD stops working?

I have an en 7600GT

Any Ideas much appreciated cos this sucks I was getting better frames on my P4 3.6

Regards.

first thing that came to mind: if you've overclocked your CPU, you have probably set a divider for you RAM. that might be part of the problem(your ram might run way below 'standard' speed). I'm pretty sure that's not the whole problem, but it can be part of it. Also, have you set a pci/agp lock? (if you use agp). You might want to try a lower overclock and see if your SATA HD works(I assume you have two HD's, because if you didn't, you would've had no performance at all)

also, you said you were getting better frames on your other pc. could you give some specs? and second, could you test your FPS in games/in benchmark before and after the overclock, and compare those?

Good luck!

Nope I use PCI-E, I am getting better frames now as I overclock, The HD thing is a toughy though, (defies logic) some lower overclocks wont let my PC run at all.

My old PC was a Pentium 4 3 ghz @ 3.6 with 6600gt and a good asus MB. My new motherboard has **** all options though but this is the only one they had, now I have more cash Im thingking of turning up the voltage & taking em back & swap for better MB & Ram,,, Especially ram,
Dunno what to do about the sata drive though, could always turn it to serial I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back