Overclocking an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

clumzylerch

Alright I know people already posted this crap up about overclocking the e6600 but I still get hell confused about this. Right now I know this is bottlenecking crap when I did futuremark 3d tester cause only got 1 fps on cpu test. Here is my PC specs.

Motherboard- Nforce 680i sli
cpu- intel e6600 2.4 ghz duo fsb 1066
Ram- ddr2 kingston 1066 2x2 gigs 5-5-5-15
Video Card- PNY geforce 260gtx
sound card- turtle beach montego
Power supply- Antec 650watt and not sure what model
OS-Windows 7 64bit

I never did overclocking B4 until i bought this comp for under 200 bucks. Um I did video card first cause people say that was the safest to overclock. So downloaded rivatuner and pretty much overclock it the same way other people did with stock fan. I get about 5 to 10 fps extra than after awhile it drops a butt load. Never gets hotter than 60c so its not getting hot. But the biggest thing still I want to overclock my CPU to a decent speed. I am pretty sure this is my fan for the CPU ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink. Alright can any one give me a step by step to get it up to a decent speed. I found this website and this guy got hes pretty fast.

what was wrong with the article i linked to specifically OC'ing the e6600? It shows you how to get from 2.8ghz-3.7ghz and the voltages and FSB settings.

Well I did what that dude did somewhat. I set my FSB to 1333 and kept it at 9x multiplier. I got it up to 3.0 ghz . I am using Core Temp for the program. I see TJ.max is 85c. Core #0 44c and Core#1 44c as well. Pretty much staying in that area without gaming. I am going to see what is safe temp for gaming. If you have any ideas that will better help me I will give it a shot. Also all my voltage settings are set to auto. Is that a good idea or not? Now with gaming and all my temps never got above 54c with both CPUs. Running Crysis on ultra 1920x1080 I seen no improvement at that and actually when I did benchmark run on justcause2 I lost about 5to10 fps. Not sure whats going on. Got my CPU to 3.0 ghz and running my ram at 1066. Also just overclocked my video card with rivatuner and got it pretty stable with core temp at 60c max while running the games.Baaaa editing my message again. Well found out why i got less FPS cause forgot i set everything to hi quality in nvidia control panel. Now when I set to hi performance I got to 30fps on crysis with 1920x1080 ultra no AA for a split second. I am am very happy to hit 30fps even for a split second cause b4 I was only getting 21 to 22fps on crysis. Core temp hanging around 52c so do you think I can bump my CPU more. Also video card only hanging around 60c so what you think.

Ya your probably right cause thats where I got my biggest gain from is when I overclocked the 260gtx. Raised core clock to 756 MHz. Shader clock to 1512 MHz and Memory clock to 1215 MHz and core temp pretty much hangs around 60c or below. Well whats a safe temp for the CPU. They say 85c is to much and will kill over so know to avoid that. So whats the idea temp?

Well crap not sure why but after awhile always seems that my FPS drop. Is it because of my GPU. Its not getting hot. Staying 60c. Not sure why. It will do good for awhile but after like 20min I lose alot of FPS. Any ideas?

So any reason why it will be slowing down after 10 to 20 minutes? Should I lower clock speeds a hair on my video card and see what that does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back