Corsair launches new AIO CPU coolers with 30fps LCD screens

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Corsair has announced a new line of AIO coolers that feature an LCD panel on the CPU block with a 480 x 480 resolution and 30 FPS refresh rate. The IPS screens can show not only system information but also animated GIFs, images, memes, logos, and more.

Corsair had already teased its new all-in-one liquid coolers, which will support Alder Lake chips, and has now lifted the lid on the iCue Elite LCD line. The AIOs come in three varieties: the H170i Elite LCD (420mm), the H150i Elite LCD (360mm), and the H100i Elite LCD (240mm).

Each cooler features an ultra-bright (600cd/m²) 2.1-inch 480 x 480 LCD screen on the pump head that can display the likes of fan speeds, system temperatures, and coolant temps. As with similar high-end AIO coolers, it’s also customizable with images and GIFs—and at 30 frames per second with 24-bit true color depth. If that isn’t snazzy enough, there’s a ring of 24 individually addressable RGB LEDs surrounding the LCD that’s programmable through Corsair’s iCUE software.

As for the AIOs themselves, they use a thermally optimized copper cold plate with a high-density design, consisting of 128 micro-skived fins per inch. The iCue Elite LCD coolers also use ML RGB Elite Series fans with Corsair’s AirGuide technology and magnetic levitation bearings for reduced friction, lower noise, better performance, and long-lasting durability.

Each iCue Elite LCD Cooler comes with an iCUE command that can control the lighting and speeds of the included fans (and others). The ML120 RGB Elite and ML140 RGB Elite fans feature speeds of 450 RPM to 2,000 RPM and 400 RPM to 1,600 RPM, respectively. And it’s good news for those who simply can’t have enough RGB in their cases: there are eight individually addressable RGB LEDs per fan.

Corsair says that its coolers drop processor temperatures by six degrees compared to air cooling in tests on a 250W CPU load with a 27C ambient temperature. They are compatible with a variety of CPUs, including LGA 115x, LGA 2066, AM4, sTRX4, and the upcoming LGA 1700, and come with a five-year warranty.

Given their high-end specs and features, the iCue Elite LCD Coolers aren’t cheap. The H100i Elite LCD is $259.99 and the H150i Elite LCD is $289.99, while the H170i Elite LCD is $309.99. Owners of Corsair’s iCue Elite Capellix coolers can purchase the iCue Elite CPU cooler LCD display upgrade kit separately for $99.99, which comes with a two-year warranty.

Permalink to story.

$260 or $310!!? For a cooler? The world has gone mad… that’s what I hope to spend on a GPU.

I’m so going to end up back on consoles lol.

$260 or $310!!? For a cooler? The world has gone mad… that’s what I hope to spend on a GPU.

I’m so going to end up back on consoles lol.
No. It's $260 and $310 for an LCD screen and some lights, and they include a cooler as a gift.

And still no single 140mm option so we can have more choice of where to put it?
It's been a few years since I touched an AIO but from memory, the single 120/140 options usually performed worse than a cheaper standard Air Cooler.

It's been a few years since I touched an AIO but from memory, the single 120/140 options usually performed worse than a cheaper standard Air Cooler.
I still have a 6 year old 140mm AIO that has performed really well. I have it blowing out the back. I want to replicate that for the next build. Yeah, a big high quality air cooler might be comparable cooling wise, but those are huge. Still that may be what I have to go with next round.

I still have a 6 year old 140mm AIO that has performed really well. I have it blowing out the back. I want to replicate that for the next build. Yeah, a big high quality air cooler might be comparable cooling wise, but those are huge. Still that may be what I have to go with next round.
Na I'm not sure on 140mm but 120mm definitely performed worse against average Air Coolers (Cooler Master and Noctua comes to mind). I doubt there's much in it when it comes to 120mm vs 140mm.

I get not making 140/120mm AIO's unless it's a space requirement in an SFF case. If you have a normal case that can hold a 140mm at the back, you'd be better served from a cheaper and better performing Air Cooler.

Back