Counter Strike: Source issue

icepeak123

Hello, Im new here on techspot. Im very laggy on css, every 5 sec I get a microlag but then I actually walk slow, like when you hold SHIFT.

I made a video about it on xfire, but it looks like I cant post links in this forum, pm me and I'll send it..

Please help me out!

I should tell you that I have no network problem or fps problem.

What is your internet connection? What is your graphic card also? Last question do you get the same problem when playing offline?

www(.)xfire(.)com/video/33daf7/

My internet is 100 mb/s and my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 285. I dont get the same problem while playing offline.

Have you made sure your Rates are set?

Rate 25000

cl_cmdrate 101

cl_updaterate 101

**update**

After watching that video, one question.

Are you on a wireless connection?

Then it might be your wireless polling/searching for other networks. If you go into the wireless driver settings and disable Roaming (my work machines has Roam Tendancy and Roaming Decision settings). I had an issue with World Of Warcraft when using a USB N wireless dongle, game would pause occasionally.

Windows has a service called 'Microsoft Windows WLAN AutoConfig' (http://technet.micr​osoft.com/en-us/libra​ry/cc727764.aspx)

This service checks for a better quality connection on the same wireless network about every 60 seconds or so to ensure you have the strongest wireless connection possible. By doing this, your internet will seem like it's cutting out for a few seconds... because it is. If you use an Ethernet LAN connection, you would not see this reoccurring problem because the connection would be constant.

I'm not sure if this service is the same for Windows XP, so the service may be different for computers using XP.

It can NOT be shut off in Vista. If you do shut it off, you will no longer receive wireless signals and will not be able to connect to your internet. Best thing we can hope for is that it possibly gets fixed in an upcoming service pack or something.

I remember I downloaded an application for Vista to suppress this, and while it did almost eliminate the problem I ended up buying some PowerLine network adaptor kits rather than using the USB wireless dongle. If I can find the name of the application I'll post it.

EDIT : Found it : http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/

Do you have any other wireless devices nearby that could be causing problems with the signal? You could try setting the wireless router to different frequency to avoid clashing with other wireless routers in the vacinity.

Back