Cpu cooling under load

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadhead

I have a coolermaster for a pentium D 830.

It does alright until I fire up eve online and then the fan goes nuts and I am around 85 - 90C

I was looking at the Thermaltake blue orb 2 to rectify the situation..

What do you guys think?

What are you using to determine those temps. That's pretty damn hot. I'm not sure at which temp the CPU will throttle but something is not right.
Which thermal paste do you use? Are you sure the HS is mounted correctly and flush on the CPU.

Well the thermaltake looks nice, but you have to be sure you are going to get a nice thermal paste application to make those temps drop.

Are you sure that the CPU and CPU Fan are making proper contact? Did you aply theremale past?

BTW what is your ingame name for eve?

I know its on right it was a bundle deal that came with the mobo. Its not like I have a steller fan and arctic silver. This is the first time I have built a computer in a while. I used to use thermaltake everything. It has more to do with eve. Other games I play (COV and WOW) run hot but eve seems to be more cpu intensive. I am also running x64 windows so i am utilizing the 64 bit processing.

The only reason I installed this fan was because it did have a copper slug in the heat sink so I thought WTH. It came with its own paste which I think sucks.

The fan setup would be perfectly fine for most everything. In fact idle temp is 48 I think. A bit high but I think it cant handle the heat when the cpu is working hard.

EVE Handle is Sharupak. Mimitars Rock! I am actually comming back to this game I played it when it first came out but they didnt save my old char for whatever reason. Currently transitioning to a Rupture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back