Cpu fan turns off/no response from MOBO

Hello

I was starting up a game on my amd based PC (see build below) when I received the BSOD, error system service exception (I am not 100% sure that was the error; as I am unable to recreate this. I'm fairly certain that is what I saw). So it turned off, like the error message says. The computer restarts, I can hear everything start running again... but nothing happens on the screen. The monitor doesn't recognize any input. No sound, nothing on screen. Verified everything (hdmi, power, usb, etc) still plugged in. looked inside the case, everything looks how I left it. After restarting again, I noticed a few things:

1. Only the case is staying on (leds and fans).

2. The CPU fan starts when I turn everything on at the beginning, then off after about 1 second. Motherboard seems unresponsive, but it doesn't have an LED or anything like that.

3. The cd drive, power supply (and fan), and the fan for the video card all seem to be functioning.

I've only had this about 2 weeks; the computer worked immaculately up until today, when that issue came through. Very stressful, this is my first build. Here is the bundle I bought and put together: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8688689&csid=_22

Is it possible the motherboard is fried? I really have no idea. As far as I know, and the research online I've done, blue screens shouldn't cause this. Can't bring up the bios, can't do anything, just complete non response from the mobo

Any help would be so appreciated! :) Thanks

Some Gigabyte motherboards are known to fail early... I like the Intel based Gigabyte boards. In this case I say yes the motherboard has failed. Is it still under warranty?

Back