PC keeps power cycling on and off, NO POST

Hi!
First off, I am completely new to PC building, so please bear with my minimal knowledge.

My PC specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600

ASrock B450m Steel Legend
2 x 16gb DDR4 3200mHz Ram
Asus Dual RX6600
Thermaltake P650B PSU
512gb M.2 Nvme
2Tb HDD

As this is my first PC build, I am completely stumped with what to do. So far I've done the following to try and fix the issue.
1. Taking the CMOS battery out and clearing CMOS with the two pins on the MOBO
2. Reseated both RAM sticks. Also tried with 1 stick.
3. Checked that every cable was in properly and so forth.

I am getting my friend's spare PSU to test if my PSU is the problem, but I have a hunch that this isn't the problem. I've come to the conclusion that the problem could be the MOBO.

Would an outdated BIOS be causing my PC to be power cycling on and off?

Also, a general question. When I plugged in the RX6600 the fans don't initially spin, is this a problem with the card or does the card only spin when reached a certain temperature?

Any help will be appreciated!

A brand new build does power cycle a bit to complete RAM training before it settles on a speed it wants to run on. I assume you have never seen it get to the BIOS screen?

I suspect that the BIOS is too old to support the 5000 series CPU. The B450 chipset will support your CPU if the latest BIOS is loaded on. Sadly, this might require a different CPU to get the BIOS flashed. To be sure, check the motherboard manual for the BIOS flashing procedure. Some motherboards have the ability to flash the BIOS without a working CPU.

If you can't flash the BIOS without an older model CPU (like a 3000 series) then you have no choice but to seek help from a local computer repair place. My shop gets this kind of request all the time, so I keep a Ryzen 5 3600 around just for that reason. If you can return the board, grab a B550 chipset board. It will be a little more money but your CPU will just work in that chipset.

The new graphics card fans don't work until they are under load. =)

A brand new build does power cycle a bit to complete RAM training before it settles on a speed it wants to run on. I assume you have never seen it get to the BIOS screen?

I suspect that the BIOS is too old to support the 5000 series CPU. The B450 chipset will support your CPU if the latest BIOS is loaded on. Sadly, this might require a different CPU to get the BIOS flashed. To be sure, check the motherboard manual for the BIOS flashing procedure. Some motherboards have the ability to flash the BIOS without a working CPU.

If you can't flash the BIOS without an older model CPU (like a 3000 series) then you have no choice but to seek help from a local computer repair place. My shop gets this kind of request all the time, so I keep a Ryzen 5 3600 around just for that reason. If you can return the board, grab a B550 chipset board. It will be a little more money but your CPU will just work in that chipset.

The new graphics card fans don't work until they are under load. =)
Great thanks for the help. May I ask how much you normally charge to flash the BIOS? Also, would you recommend returning the board and getting the B550 rather than trying to flash the BIOS for the B450?

If the board was sold by me it would be a free service. If I have to remove the board from a computer case and remove your 5000 series CPU then 1 hour of shop time is $75 (I am in Canada). I would recommend the B550 board (if that is affordable to you?). Those boards are a little more robust (usually better VRM cooling).

Back