crash when trying to play games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I' m a 15 year old boy from belgium (so sorry for my english) and i have some questions. I have a Medion computer. Every time when i play a game on my computer (demo or full game), it crashes after a amount of time. Somethimes after 5 min, somethimes after 1 hour. The screen just freezes and the only thing i can do is reboot my computer. I tried to instal new updates for my graphics and sound drivers and also for my motherboard but it didn't change a thing. I just bought world of warcraft and when i play it for like 5 minutes it crashes. The screen just freezes and the only thing i can do is, like i told before, is reboot. Can someone please help? I don't to much of computers so can the persons who reply explain it simple and good?

Thank you

Thanks for the waffels :D. Plz list your computer stats, so we can further understand what you are working with. Try defraging ur computer, virus scanning, spyware scanning and so fourth.

nonda said:
Thanks for the waffels :D. Plz list your computer stats, so we can further understand what you are working with. Try defraging ur computer, virus scanning, spyware scanning and so fourth.

I also tried these things.
I don't know much about it but i hope this is enough :)

Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Model: MS-7091
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3192Mhz
Bios Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 1/04/2005
SMBIOS Version: 2.3
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Fysical Memory: 1.023,48MB
Available Fysical Memory: 570,24MB
Total Virtual Memory: 2,00 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB
Graphic Card: Medion Radeon X740XL

slesh said:
I also tried these things.
I don't know much about it but i hope this is enough :)

Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Model: MS-7091
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3192Mhz
Bios Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 1/04/2005
SMBIOS Version: 2.3
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Fysical Memory: 1.023,48MB
Available Fysical Memory: 570,24MB
Total Virtual Memory: 2,00 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB
Graphic Card: Medion Radeon X740XL
Download Everest (here) and open it right in the middle of gaming. In it, press on Computer->Sensor, and tell use what temps you're getting (Processor, Graphics Card, system, etc.).

agi_shi said:
Download Everest (here) and open it right in the middle of gaming. In it, press on Computer->Sensor, and tell use what temps you're getting (Processor, Graphics Card, system, etc.).

sensortype: Winbond W83627EHF (ISA 290h)
Motherboard Name: MSI MS-7091

then there was a list of tempatures and ah list of the amount of Volt

tempatures:

Motherboard: 50°C
CPU: 60°C
WDC WD1600JD-00HBC0: 39°C
WDC WD1600JD-00HBB0: 45°C

then a word that i will try to translate in english

Cooling Ventilators

CPU: 678 RPM

Then the Volts

CPU Core: 1.24V
+3.3V: 3.33V
+5V: 5.05V
+12V: 11.98V
+5 V Stanby: 4.53V
VBAT Battery: 3.17V
Debug Info F: FF F6 FF
Debug Info T: 49 59 127
Debug Info V: 6D C5 D0 BC BB 80 08 (01) (this was often changing)

there was nothing else there

slesh said:
Motherboard: 50°C
CPU: 60°C

Cooling Ventilators
CPU: 678 RPM
That's very hot for both your CPU and Motherboard temps at the desktop!

It sounds like you need case cooling and possibly a better cpu-cooler.

Also, 3.1250ghz on your CPU seems a bit odd. It sounds like you are overclocking your CPU. You should visit the BIOS and try clocking that CPU down to stock speeds as well as add better case cooling.

For a test, you can open the side of your case and try pointing a desk/floor fan at full blast inside your computer while playing. If the crashes go away, you'll know the case cooling is the problem.

Most cases have multiple mounts for installing fans. I'd ensure you have mounts or if you have fans that they are plugged in, spinning and working correctly. A case should have at least two case fans- one intake in the front (sucking air inwards) and one exhaust fan on the back (blowing air outwards).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back