Crytek shows off Crysis 2 gameplay footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

The first bits of Crysis 2 gameplay footage have started to emerge on the internet, complete with combat encounters and explosions in the Wall Street area, giving you a glimpse at how this highly-anticipated title will look like on your Xbox 360 or PS3. The video is part of a GTTV episode on GameTrailers.com, featuring Crytek developers talking about what the new nanosuit has to offer, and how verticality will play an important role in the game as you stalk enemies from rooftops.

This is expected to be one of the best looking games of the year and already it's starting to look promising. More importantly, Crytek has said they aren't compromising on PC development in going for a multiplatform launch -- in fact they say the game will be graphically superior on PC. Besides the stunning visuals, Crytek is also paying a lot of attention to the game's storyline and has even hired well established science-fiction writer Richard Morgan to work on the project.

Crysis 2 will be the first title to be built on CryEngine 3 when it debuts later this year. It will take place three years after the events of the first game, set in a crumbling Manhattan instead of the jungle, and will allow players to use a streamlined nanosuit in Stealth or Armor mode. We expect to hear more about Crysis 2 as the E3 Expo kicks off in L.A. next week.

Permalink to story.

I just recently finished the first Crysis game, and am kinda excited about this one, especially coming to the PS3 as I prefer to game on my PS3. (I plugged in a ps2 controller into my computer any ways to play the first one :p). And by the time it comes out I should have a nice HDTV :D.

PC Gamers need to buy this game to prove that developing for the PC with its superior graphics is a win win. Too many pirates are pushing PC developers to Console only and will only hurt PC gaming in the future. Lets represent for the community and support Crytek in their efforts.

Guest said:
PC Gamers need to buy this game to prove that developing for the PC with its superior graphics is a win win. Too many pirates are pushing PC developers to Console only and will only hurt PC gaming in the future. Lets represent for the community and support Crytek in their efforts.
I agree. We need to show that we are profitable so that they keep on making games with the PC in mind.

I can't wait for this game!

There's only so much a console can do. They can't expand and adapt the same way many PCs can. Being able to switch out a processor and a graphics card for better ones that can handle the graphics and the physics is part of why PC gaming has always been better than console.

And personally, I feel like I have better control over my character with a mouse and keyboard. I feel like I can't look where I want to or as quickly with a pair of joysticks. I'll be a PC gamer until I die. And I hope the software developers won't let me down on my need for PC games.

I look forward to this game. I'd love to see how an i7 with a gtx 200 series will handle a game like that. More importantly, I want to see exactly how they've changed suit functions and how they've melded that with the customization aspect. That should prove interesting.

And I don't know about you, but I laughed at how incredibly bad some of the test players were at the game. The one guy who launched a grenade at the alien that landed by him on Wall Street managed to kill himself. Way to go dood :3

Guest said:

Mate, I couldn't have said it better or agree more. The first was an awesome game which I recently re-visited and realised how ahead it was from its time since it still graphically and game play wise is at least on par with recent titles.

I hope this rocks hard!

Support Crysis in developing for the PC and buy this game. Don't let the Pirates push PC gaming into being extinct.

burty117 said:
Guest said:

Mate, I couldn't have said it better or agree more. The first was an awesome game which I recently re-visited and realised how ahead it was from its time since it still graphically and game play wise is at least on par with recent titles.

I hope this rocks hard!

Support Crysis in developing for the PC and buy this game. Don't let the Pirates push PC gaming into being extinct.
The problem is pirates are clueless *****s. They say they pirate because of high prices. Except they ignore the fact that it's a chicken or the egg situation. Companies say the prices are high because of piracy and pirates say they pirate because of the prices. What came first? The overprice or the pirate? I think it's the pirate.

I think what came first is the developers and publishers cutting corners and throwing a unfinished, buggy mess on the customers. Then proceeding to take 6 months to fix 1/3 of the bugs, if that, and washing their hands of it. Thus a lot of people feel that the quality of the game does not warrant $50-60 of their hard-earned money.

I've only bought a few games in the past 6 months. Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2, Torchlight, and Trine being the major ones. All of these games worked flawlessly and were well worth the money paid.

Fix the screen tear/v-sync and make it not as boring as C1 and I might get this.

Terrific looking game. The physics are pretty incredible. I really enjoyed Crysis and Warhead. Will most definitely get this.

And I agree with the above comments. PC gamers need to support the developers before we get "pirated out" of games altogether.

does this game maybe have the true surround that the first game missed ? virtual surround dont give the same effect :s if they would make more pc games with real pc graphic, i think more ppl would buy them! but the most games today, is console ripoffs, and makes the pc look bad with the lame grapichs :s stop making console games, and give pc gamers more games to buy!

I wish I could affort this game and others... sorry mates, I suppose I'm an *****, lol....lol?
I cannot wait to get rich, so that I can buy my games and make developers even richer!

I wish I was in pc games. Also, wish I had the resources to build the most advance desktop with all the technology available but I know that will never happen since I don't have that kind of money. I love how pc gaming can look so much realistic and faster than console gaming. Also, since China is researching in that Titanium Oxide disc that can hold up to 25TB, the gaming experience is going to get so advance once it comes out. Think of the possibilities and the amount of space they can put in one game. One thing that needs to be done tho by the time that disc comes out is the development of games, but I am sure they are going to be ready once the release date is exposed.

Guest said:
does this game maybe have the true surround that the first game missed ? virtual surround dont give the same effect :s if they would make more pc games with real pc graphic, i think more ppl would buy them! but the most games today, is console ripoffs, and makes the pc look bad with the lame grapichs :s stop making console games, and give pc gamers more games to buy!

It depends on your sound card, I found that if your default setting in windows is 5.1 then the games uses 5.1 but your right with this fake surround thing.

even when set to 5.1 it uses some doly Prologic type fake surround and makes explosions sound bad.

I have a Bose Companion 5 which isn't technically a fully fledged surround sound but appears as a 5.1 surround sound system as it does proccess and ca create the surround effect very well as long as your sat in the right place but when they use the fake surround system in the game and the great surround the Bose can produce is reduced to just sounding plain crap because they won't natively program the sound in games properly.

I do have an creative extreme gamer sound card also and that of course uses its own drivers which do sound better with fake surround in games but when a game does use native 5.1 it cannot compare to the on board sound of the Bose.

Basically, all games need to run natively in 5.1.

Guest said:
Fix the screen tear/v-sync and make it not as boring as C1 and I might get this.

Actually Crysis has had the V-sync options since its first patch and so does warhead.

Crysis wasn't boring, in fairness the first like 3 levels are boring but thats with a lot of games plus you need it to get used to the nano suit functions,

Warhead was fairly boring as the story line wasn't quite as involving in the plot as Crysis but was definately interesting.

Why do people complain about games being to expensive! Most of us spend more on lunch and beer in a fortnight. With content delivery services like "steam", owning legal games is cheaper and more accessible then ever! Hope steam adopts Crysis 2! and look at that, no need for 25tb discs either.

Buying the game is not necessarily the way to go. You need to play a demo or start with a pirated version before you buy, to keep from supporting terrible releases. This way you force the companies to release quality and not push junk or incomplete code out the door.

I've bought too many games that stunk up the place or needed patches to run right, and this is one way we can keep the game makers in line. I agree its a good thing to keep PC gaming alive, but not to pay for crap when you could have honey.

I also like this compromise to keep from paying for DRM that requires constant online to play or the dreaded limited number of installs. If the Gaming Companies can't trust those who buy, who can they trust? Peeing on paying customers to try and stop those who pirate is insane and self destructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back