Damaged computer screen?

ajross

Hello,

I've been looking at this computer screen thinking "Is it damaged or is it coming loose on the inside?"
It does not look like there is physical damage to the computer screen (Though I have not opened it up to check) and I haven't seen its connection.

I was curious to see if some one might be able to tell me (by looking at the picture I'll upload) what it might look like to them. I am willing to replace whatever part that may be causing the issue, but I can't tell if its and issue with the screen or the graphics card?

To clarify the picture, there are three sets of lines going vertical along the screen. I can also see another very faint line (also vertical) where the mouse would move along the screen. Sorry for the bad quality.

Thank you!
A.

photo.JPG

Do you have another monitor you could connect to the PC, or another PC you could connect the monitor to? This would narrow the issue down to being the monitor or graphics card.

[FONT=Lucida Grande]Screen is either black or white (no picture) and external monitor works. Failed cable or LCD 30%/70%. [/FONT][FONT=Lucida Grande]There are stripes on the screen (either vertical or horizontal) that change when you move the screen or tap it lightly on the sides. Failed cable or LCD 10%/90%.[/FONT]

CliffordCooley,
I do have another monitor I can use to attach to it, thought I got no signal when I plugged it in. Could it be possible that the laptop settings are keeping it from displaying anything? Otherwise, I guess this means that it is the LCD screen not the graphics card?

Terry5880,
The laptop screen is black with vertical lines on it...However, if I tap the side, or lightly press on either side of the screen the lines to not move or anything. Does that give you any better leads?

If you plug in external monitor and it does not work then maybe its your graphics card type in on google what are keys to press to external monitor displaying when plugged in for your make and model mate

it should be like fn and one of the keys like f4 etc

It was a good thought.. I know the monitor works fine (I tried it with several different computers) and I seem to have found a few shortcut keys, but none of them seem to work that I know of. Because I can't see this display, I cannot see if its prompting me for anything. I tried arrow keys in all directions.

On the f keys there should be one that looks like to windows joint together thats the key for external but I reckon your graphics card has gone as there is no external display whne another monitor plugged in

Thanks, Terry5880. I will look into it. I would like to pin down the issue so I know which part to get.

Back