Das Gaming: Division Zero X40 Pro mechanical keyboard, M50 Pro mouse review

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The past 18 months have been unprecedented for eSports and gaming in general. In that short amount of time, we've seen Amazon and Google get involved in live game streaming and publishers like Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts create competitive gaming divisions. Even ESPN launched a dedicated eSports vertical a little over a year after its president, John Skipper, said competitive gaming was like chess and checkers -- a competition, not a real sport. Now that we're on the brink of a virtual reality revolution, the future of gaming has never looked brighter.

The meteoric rise of eSports, and the fact that high-end gaming desktops and laptops represent the fastest-growing PC segment in an otherwise stagnant market, has spawned a surge in gaming peripherals from both established players and newcomers.

Metadot, maker of the well-known Das Keyboard today is launching Division Zero, a new brand and product line developed specifically for the pro gaming and eSports community. Its debut offerings include the X40 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard and the M50 Pro Gaming Mouse, both of which we'll be looking at today.

Read the complete review.

It looks pretty good, although I think it's a bit pricy and frankly, who actually buys keyboards based on those graphic overlays?

I love this site and it´s reviews, keep up the good work. But I have a question, though: When will TechSpot start doing some giveaways for us readers?

Cheers

Cherry MX switches for me only. Prefer Brown, but Blue are good too, if not a little clacky. Anyway, any kb without Cherry MX and I'm not gonna consider it.

Back