DCOM Restart Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSimm2

Ok, so for the past I'd say 2 days, I've had a reoccurring issue. At first, my CPU would be at 100% and my entire laptop would be incredibly slow and along with that I keep getting a error saying DCOM has encountered an issue (or something like that) and windows must restart. I also have been having a plug and play error that says the exact same thing. It tends to happen at random. I've ran malwarebytes and my virus scanner which is Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes picked up 29 viruses which I cleaned and got rid of. then MSE, encountered a severe virus. I removed it then restarted my laptop and that fixed the cpu problem, but since then I've gotten the DCOM error once. I've tried running rootkit killer and it didnt detect anything. Also I tried system restore and it says I don't have any restore points. So now my question is, what do I do now? I know how to stop the restarting but it's still an annoying issue. I'm not sure if this is a virus or not but I figured I'd post here instead of the other forums.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Intel Celeron GPU (yea I know, its not a high perfomance laptop but it works for me)
2.00 GB Ram (1.87 Usable)

If you need any more information let me know please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back