DDR2 and DDR3 memory support for the GA-X38-DS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Rock

I thought that the only motherboard that supported DDR2 and DDR3 was the GA-EP35C-DS3R, but when I was reading the overview for the GA-X38-DS4, this is what I found:

"Intel® X38 Express Chipset
The Intel® X38 Express Chipsets support the latest multi-core processors with FSB 1066MHz, including the upcoming 45nm processors, with its record breaking performance and greater energy efficiency. Intel® X38 chipset, with optimized system memory capabilities, chipset over-speed protection removed for maximum overclocking, providing faster boot and application load times and additional power savings. Intel® X38 chipset also offer options for both DDR2 and DDR3 memory support[/U], providing scalable options for users wanting to take advantage of higher memory performance with less power consumption to run next generation applications such as high-definition video and 3D visualization."

THe above was taken from the following website:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2736

So, can anyone tell me, from personal experience or their own exstensive and rock-solid knowledge, if this board can take DDR2 as well as DDR3?

The board only supports DDR2. While the chipset may support both DDR2 & DDR3, it's upto motherboard manufacturers whether or not to design motherboards with support for only one, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back