Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 LCD flicker

A few days back a thick pink band started appearing on my dell lcd. This caused my pictures to appear bad, but i was still using the laptop. A few days later the laptop screen started displaying poor artifacts, flickering and blanked out after a while. All through when connected to an external montor the display was perfect.

Today i replaced the LCD, inverter and video cable with those i pulled from another working inspiron e1505 (my friend's).

While the pink band is gone on my e1505, the poor display artifact, flicker and blanking out continues.
When i boot up the Dell logo will appear some times and the display will flicker all the way till i land on the page where i select the log in user. Once i select the user and land on the desktop and after a while the screen will blank out. All through the picture i seen on the lcd is of poor quality.

The display is perfect on external monitor even now.

Here are some details about my laptop.

Windows 7 Home Premum -Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 (about a year back upgraded from xp professsional)
Processor Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz, 1733 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A14, 4/2/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
NVidia GeForce Go 7300 display adapter

The old LCD was an AU OPTRONICS B154EW01 15.4 LCD
The new LCD is a Samsung taken from my friends e1505.

I have checked the connections multiple times. Please let me know what could be causing the poor lcd display.

Should i be using the old inverter connected to the faulty lcd instead of the one that come attached with the working lcd ?
Should i reinstall my OS from an old image ?

As mentioned the LCD, inverter and video cables are from a perfectly working laptop running XP media center os.

Any help is very much appreciated.

I replaced my nVidia 7300 graphics adapter with ATI X1300. This fixed the flicker issue. Now the laptop works great !!

Back