Dell Lappy BSOD 0x0000008E on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweaks_sav

Dell Lappytop P4 SP2, HD Test and MemTest run great.
Updated drivers. It will BSOD randomly. Usually within a few seconds of boot up into windows. I updated the ATI drivers, and it ran fine for a little bit (day or so), now it's BSOD'ing again. Same BSOD. Safe mode seems to run fine.
Thanks, as always.

tweaks_sav said:
Dell Lappytop P4 SP2, HD Test and MemTest run great.
Updated drivers. It will BSOD randomly. Usually within a few seconds of boot up into windows. I updated the ATI drivers, and it ran fine for a little bit (day or so), now it's BSOD'ing again. Same BSOD. Safe mode seems to run fine.
Thanks, as always.

Hi
Heres the help results from Windebug

0xc0000005:STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Faulty device driver or system service. In addition, a faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.

As you seem to have had a slight success with the VGA driver I suggest you uninstall the driver completely and try an earlier version, also check the manufacturers website for any known incompatibilities with your model of Laptop.

It also states this;

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x1E. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve the error. You should also run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer. .

I know you have scanned the memory already but even memtest86 isn't a true indication of memory status.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back