Dell Printer Ink Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any good quality ink alternatives for Dell Printers - Dell says you can only buy ink from them.

I have a Dell 924 that uses Black J5566 and Color J 5567

thanks
carl

"good quality" and "alternatives" are mutually exclusive really. It takes years for the alterrnative makers to reproduce the original ink properly, so unless your Dell printer is from 2000-2002 (that is impossible too), then there is no good quality alternative ink.

Dell printers are really Lexmarks and I have heard that you can modify Lexmark cartridges to work in Dells.

I just buy cheap generic catridges on Ebay for my Epson C60 (I usually can find them for 5/$10.. which is about an 85% savings!) They work just as well as the "genuine epson catridges" even on photo prints.

...besides if it ever screwed my printer up, i could just buy a new printer for the price of 2 epson cartridges (and it would also include 2 "genuine epson cartirdges" with it.. lol)

I know this doesn't apply to your exact printer, but I'm just trying to give you another viewpoint. The printer isn't worth that much money to worry about not using Dell cartridges, they want to charge you ~$30 per cartridge for god's sake!!

I buy all my ink from TylerMartin the ink is pretty low quality. It looks fine, but I imagine if you are printing photos with it they will fade terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back