Device Not recognised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000. Had a few problems last week when my new HP printr stopped working so I attempted to uninstall it. Since then not even my mouse or memory stick will work let alone the printer! Think I have managed to uninstall a lot more than my printer! I have been through to device manager and under the serial bus controllers it tells me that the device is not recognised when I plug anything in. I have tried to download a device from the net as suggested but it responds to say there is no better device for me. I am now at a complete loss - help!

Andi

Where did you try to download the driver from?

Try uninstalling the USB controllers in Device Manager and rebooting to have Windows reinstall them.

BTW, dv6000 is a generic product line, you should have a more detailed product number on the bottom of the machine like dv6135us or whatever. Use that when you go looking for drivers and help.

Drivers

Hi

Thanks for the response. Under my serial bus controllers it shows host controllers, root hubs and two unknown devices (my mouse and my memory stick). On right clicking either unknown device its allowed me to uninstall them (which I have and then rebooted with no success). In addition I right clicked the unknown device and asked it to go onto the internnet to update the drivers. Again no success.

I guess the next step is to take it to a professional but I can't afford to lose my laptop for a day let alone a week so I am really hoping that its something simple that I am overlooking as an IT simpleton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back