Dimension4600 monitor stays black, DVD+CDROMS clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell, the computer is working fine, except for the monitor and dvd and cd players, Im not sure about my computers specifics. If someone want to tell me how I can figure those out, I'd appreciate it. Here's the story, I left my computer in stand-by (which i rarely do) I came back a while later and the computer was on and running, not in stand-by mode. I turned the monior on but it stayed blank. I held down the power button until it turned off and then pressed it again to turn it on. It powers up fine and the fans run but soon the DVD and CD players make a clicking sound. When I stick a paper clip into the little hole to open it, i can feel somthing pushing back against me at the same frequencey as the clicking. Also the monitor stays blank. When I turn the power on, the light is orange at first and then starts to blink green. Has this ever happened to anyone or can someone point me in the right direction to fix this problem? Thank You.

still not working

ok so I unplugged everything and took out the GPU and blew some dust off it, everything looked normal to me, i plugged it back in and then tried the computer again, the screen still stays black, it doesnt say no signal, andthe monitor works fine with other computers. I noticed the clicking cdrom stops after a few minutes and works fine. Also I noticed that there are 4 letters on the back of mycomputer ABCD, C and D stay green, B stays amber and A flashes green and amber until the clicking stops,then A stays amber. Could these letters be related to my problem? any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You

i went to dell.com some people there had similar problems, replaced mother board, problem solved. Problem is dell doesnt sell my mobo online anymore, anyone know a good place to go where i can buy a trustworthy mobo for Dimension 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back