disabling Intel integrated graphics card 82845 G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion 533w machine with an integrated Intel 82845 graphics card. I have a new ATI Radeon card that I want to install. However, I am getting errors because of the onboard Intel card. I have disabled the card in the device manager but this is not helping. I need to figure out which jumpers to change on the motherboard. I believe the motherboard is a GL_VE motherboard, however I can not find any info. on how to disable this card so the PC does not recognize it. The BIOS is also of the "Phoneix" make and it has beenr ecently flashed, however, ther eis no option to NOT recognize the onboard BIOS. Can anyone tell me which jumpers to change or where I can go to find out?

Thank you!

Try contacting HP about it.

I would think there would be some kind of option in the BIOS to disable it though... are you sure you looked hard enough? It could have a different name such as onboard VGA, onboard display device, display device selection or something similar.

I agree with trip......there has to be an option. Have you buy chance visited HP's site to see if there are any FAQ's for the machine?

You sure there's no BIOS options for disabling onboard video?

Did you uninstall the old graphics drivers completely before installing the new card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back