Dling songs onto ipod w/o buying from itunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy an ipod but i dont want to pay for songs through itunes.

Is it possible to download onto the ipod songs/video/pics from elsewhere that are free without having to buy them off itunes?

Or can you only get songs/vids/pics on ur ipod by way of itunes?

I really would like to know this, thanks a ton.

I just bought an ipod and had the same fears...but i now have over 5000 songs on my ipod and not one from itunes-all my own cds ripped and put on..very easy

When itunes is open...click on "add file" or "add folder" and choose which music on your hard drive you want to transfer...the only thing is that i ripped mine onto my pc in WMA format so itunes had to convert them into MP3 format...no big deal though

As has confirmed Deathawk, the iPod can play regular MP3 on top of AAC FairPlay DRMed MP3s. I can't tell if there's a difference between AAC & regular MP3s in regards to autonomy & such as I haven't taken the time to test the difference.

ps. tracks can be encoded in AAC MP3 format without any DRM, so when I talk about AAC MP3s, I don't mean track bought from iTunes.

no but i havea friend who wants to do that, but so it is possible? u just dl it from bittorent then dl it onto ipod through itunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back