Driver needed: Orinoco USB Client Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denman007

I need this USB driver for XP Home. When I plug this device in, windows can't find the driver and I don't know where my CD is.

Can someone help me?

Hi, if you go to the following page and scroll down it will give you a list of free driver downloads ( all firmware ), the one you want is included.

www.opendrivers.com

Download Proxim ORiNOCO Classic 11b Gold/Silver Wireless Firmware 8.72 to ... Proxim 8420-WD (Gold) and 8421-WD (Silver) 11b Client PC Card Driver 3.04 ...
www.opendrivers.com/.../ proxim-orinoco-classic-11b-gold-silver-wireless-firmware-8.72-free-download.html - 25k

Sorry, copy and paste the link at the bottom into your browser, will take you straight where you want to be.

Hope you get it,
David

It is a bit longwinded admittedly, I just double checked the page and they seem to be having some problems tonight, if you go down the page and click on the silver driver download it will bring another page up, on the box for this, it seems squashed for some reason click on the company name you see, will take you to their page and you can download it for free. Don't know what is wrong with the site, when I checked earlier took me straight to it.

Download ORiNOCO 802.11b USB 2.1.0.0 - ORiNOCO 802.11b USB ...
Download ORiNOCO 802.11b USB 2.1.0.0 - ORiNOCO 802.11b USB: Proxim's ORiNOCO 802.11b Wi-Fi products have long been recognized as the benchmark for ...
www.soft32.com/download_177039.html - 70k - Cached - Similar pages

Click on that link, think this is the usb driver you want, will take you straight to it with no hassles, at the bottom left of the description is the download box, just hit it and you are there, the next screen shows a couple of mirrors you can choose from if necessary. If this is not the exact one for you then just type it in the search box on this site and it will bring it up.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back