Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128 mb) and have found that whenever I have Limewire running, the computer will just restart randomly and then when I log back on, I get a message from the Microsoft Online Crash site saying that the error was caused by a device driver problem. This first happened a while back and then seemed to be cured when I installed an ATI driver update which appeared on the windows update service.
The exact same problem started happening again recently however, when I installed a Tevion TV Tunder card, (so, this is the first problem). Second problem: To try to solve this problem I decided to download Catalyst, but didn't realise that that I needed to remove the old driver first. Since, that whenever I have Limewire running, the computer restarts randomly as before but the message now says the error was caused by a Graphics driver problem.

Does this mean that Firstly, it was not the graphics card which was causing the problems in the first place, and Secondly, is this now a new problem caused by installing a new driver over an old one?

Please help, as you can probably tell, I'm not very good at this stuff!

Thanks in advance for your time!

George :confused:

P.S. I have noticed there are similar problems already discussed but i'm still confused!

Is that Lime the P2P ? I had to stop using that because it kept making my computer reboot. It was causing some kind of problem in my NIC.

if limewire isn't working out for you then i advise winmx. guys who know what they're doing can really get results and the average user can get good stuff as well.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I might give WinMX a go. At the risk of sounding clueless, what is an 'NIC' Vegasgmc?

Does anyone have any other helpful advice or comments more specifically about the driver situation, as in whether I should try to remove the old ones or not? I know I should have done before installing the new ones but is it worth removing them now, since I've already installed the new ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back