Dual Channel DDR on NON-Dual Channel Motherboard, will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

I am brand spankin' new here, and I have a question for someone out there. I currently have a SOYO motherboard (which I have been having issues with) and I am going to be switching to a ECS Elite Group board in a few weeks. My question is, when I bought RAM for my SOYO I bought Patriot Dual Channel DDR 3200 1gb pair, but the ECS board I am switching to does not support Dual Channel, so can I still use the the 2 512 sticks normally on the new board or I do I have to get new memory or a different board? I would think it would just run them as 2 sticks of 512, but I am not sure and I wanted to know if anyone else knew this or not?

Thanks in advance for any help (and sorry if I missed this being posted somewhere else, I did try and search for the answer but didnt see anything).

~Riika

rmsilver7 said:
when I bought RAM for my SOYO I bought Patriot Dual Channel DDR 3200 1gb pair, but the ECS board I am switching to does not support Dual Channel, so can I still use the the 2 512 sticks normally on the new board or I do I have to get new memory or a different board?
1. Yes.
2. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back