Duff USB drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Sandisk U3 cruzer micro 4GB flash drive about 1 year ago and just today the error came up:
Also want to make note that:
The light comes on little bit then goes out. It is supposed to stay on while plugged in.
"One of the USB devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it

The location of the device is shown in bold type:

Unknown USB Device

Under Recommendations:
Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it, replace the device

Any suggestions?
The media recovery software website, it would cost around $125 for over 1GB of files and shipping in ridiculous since I am in Canada.

Any help to try to recover the files before I send this back to Sandisk to get another one?

You can try file recovery programs that you can download for free or have free trials, I used PC Inspector File Recovery to save some files off a hard drive I dropped while it was being accessed, It has since been returned and replaced. Not sure if it works with USB devices however, you can always give it a try.

• Are you connecting the device into a USB hub or directly into a USB port on your computer? (You s/b re-trying by connecting it via a port on your computer)
  • If it's already in the computer's USB port, try it in another of the computer's USB ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back