DVD Burner round-up: 12x and 8x drives tested @ TechSpot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
With today’s computers becoming more of a media focal point, data replication is becoming more critical than ever. Computers five years ago were used for surfing the internet, micro-processing and some gaming as well. Today’s high-end computers take on yet another daunting task: creating and storing your unforgettable moments with digital camera images or perhaps a digital video. These devices create amazing quality images, but they also take up a tremendous amount of hard drive space.

So, that's where DVD Burners come into scene. Indeed, it’s a great time to purchase a DVD Burner if you don’t have one already, today’s drives are more compatible and faster than ever before. We have just put up our second DVD Burner round-up with 12x and 8x drives from manufacturers such as Pioneer, LG and Teac being put to the test, read on for more details.

[center]
box.gif
[/center]

You guys should have got your hands on a Plextor 12x. Especially the SATA one.

sweet

Not only the Plextor.. but done some more testing... especially DVD writing. This review does nothing for me.

Ya looks like you got 5 random, lower end DVD drives, you really shoulda had some high end ones in there for us to see if they are really worth it,etc.

Originally posted by Unregistered
Not only the Plextor.. but done some more testing... especially DVD writing. This review does nothing for me.

Why do people never sign their names when they post something negative about a news post or article?

Anonymous cowards do nothing for me.

Besides, you are probably a site regular too chicken to post your name anyway.

If you really think the article is crap (which I don't!) then why not tell us your name and tell us why you think so.

HAHAHAH.. Thanks for having my back Phantasm... We did have the Plextor, but unfortunatly, the unit they sent was from another reviewer who ended up frying it. We should be getting another soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back