EA announces first Sims 3 expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Just a few short months after EA released the Sims 3, they are planning to offer the world an expansion to the game. Initially to be released for Mac and Windows platforms, the forthcoming “World Adventures” pack will add travel sites around the globe, exploration and treasuring hunting and numerous other bonuses to the game. It should be in stores by mid-November, with mobile versions due out next year.

The game has been available for only two months now, but opened up to break sales records. Over 1.4 million copies were sold during the first week, and it has continued to enjoy success past launch. Whether or not it's too soon for an expansion, the fans will decide. Love or hate the Sims, you probably still have an opinion on how EA is handling one of their most successful franchises ever. What's your take – is EA blatantly milking The Sims, or will they actually produce enough new and interesting content to justify an expansion?

Permalink to story.

I find this game to be one of the most obnoxious and boring there is. BUT...that's just me - it's not my cup of tea. However I have friends who are off-the-charts Sims junkies and can't get enough of it. Even though I would say EA is milking it by releasing an expansion this early, I'm sure my Sims friends will be thrilled to hear this.

As a Sims 2 junkie, I haven't made the jump to Sims 3 because of the lack of expansion packs. Since I own most of the Sims 2 expansion packs, there is more for my Sims to do.

Given the silly amount of pointless expansions in the Sims 2, it's no suprise they start milking Sims 3 players early on as well. But if the customers will pay, of course they'll deliver, nothing wrong with it in that sense.

Personally I never really liked Sims. Even with just the standard game it felt like there simply wasn't enough time in the day for the character to do.. well... anything. Let alone expansion content. Overall, as TomSEA said, just not my cup of tea.

Why would they make an “World Adventures” pack, what they needed to do, instead of wasting their time on more places to visit, is like the sims 2, make another Open For Business. They already have enough places to go, they need to be able to just do more stuff.
I know i loved having my own business on the game, liked it better than going on vacation.
And speaking of Expansions, im gonna have to say right now the Sims 2 is better than 3, in #2 you can do way more things, its like down grading.
Damn you EA Games.....

Guest said:
And speaking of Expansions, im gonna have to say right now the Sims 2 is better than 3, in #2 you can do way more things, its like down grading.
Damn you EA Games.....

You're right on that, you are. There where way more options in The SIMS 2, that actually were much more fun to use! And the SIMS themselves... truly now, how come they all look like women? Even the male brutes have the face of a teenager!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back