• fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • best

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an eMachine W2646,I shut it down last nite and when I went to turn it on this morning, nothing, The only thing that happens is the green light is on by the Estart button, Any help,,or is it trashed, Thanks,

Most likely trashed. That model is one of the 14 most failure prone eMachines...

The motherboard is a copy, and it is made in Korea under license.

It has a failure rate fare in excess of 50 percent.

The motherboard fails, and that also causes the power supply to fail... you will see reports that the power supply is the problem. That is not the case.

Your hard drive, cpu, cpu fan, memory, optical drives, and modem remain good, but the power supply and motherboard will never work again.

You will have to replace the motherboard with a genUine eMachines motherboard or your hard drive will not work. If you put it in another machine, it will not work in the other machine, and that action will make it not able to boot in the emachines replacement board either.

thanks raybay,

I kinda figured that this morning after I checked it over,,It lasted a little longer than most that I've read about but,,,Appreciate your comeback,,
Ray

hi renegade55 welcome to the site.

Yeah raybay is right surprised u got it out of the shop working lol. you could try replacing the PSU just in case it its this as this it a COMMON fault with most e-machines but it it probably the mobo.

james

I tried a new power supply but still nothing,,just the green light where you turn it on,,,nothing runs,,no fans nothing,,is there a way to check the motherboard or save the time and just go buy one,,

Go buy one, the Mobo from experience is gone as well, just because the lights are on doesn't mean anyone is home.

Better yet don't try and repair your Emac and get a better make.

Don't waste your time. The board is dead like many, many thousands of others... They are copies made under license, but through bad manufacturer in Korea the eventually fail under the ravages of age... sometimes curled plastic, sometimes bad capacators, sometimes the southbridge chip pulls out.
A replacement is available at www.emachines.com for $159.95 plus shipping, but it will also eventually fail.
Your hard drive will only work with the installed WXP that came with the eMachines, and the restore disk will only work with the eMachines motherboard.
Your cpu is good, cpu fan is usually good, modem is good, as are memory, optical drives, and hard drive.
Bad are the power supply and motherboard... they will never work again, and can only be replaced. They cannot be repaired.
We have experience with over 1500 of them, and 300 in storage for possible followup action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back