Emachine w3609 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently down graded my machine to xp pro from vista(YUCK), but unable to get my sound working. any suggestions aside from running it over with my truck. any helpwould be appreciated

This is what I know about this computer, this direct from emachine support, but I can't find the drivers for xp

MB: MB, 945G 10/100 LAN W/O 1394 - INTEL 4006173R
CPU: Intel Celeron D Processor 356 (3.33GHz, 512KB L2 cache, 533MHz FSB)
CPU Fan Type: Fan, Heatsink P4
HDD: HDD, 120GB 7200RPM SATA II w/8MB cache
Memory: 512MB DDR2 (MAX. 2GB)
ODD1: DVD±RW 16x Multiformat Dual-Layer Optical Drive
Modem: Modem, 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem UniBryce
Power Supply: PS, 300 Watt 100929
LAN: LAN, 10/100
Mouse: Mouse, Two-Button PS/2 Wheel Mouse - Warm Silver -
Keyboard: KB,eMachines 104+Keyboard,Basic+eCooper black w/Vista
Speaker: SPEAKER, eMachines 2.0 USB Speakers - TDX
Video: Integrated
Media Reader: Media Reader, eCooper 15-in-1 Memory Card Reader
Chassis: Chassis, eMachines 5-Bay uATX w/15-1 Media Reader eCooper
Bezel Assembly: e-Cooper Front Bezel Assembly 8015996R

Putting a sound card in might help.

Kidding aside, I'm assuming it's onboard, and that you downloaded the very latest and complete suite of drivers for the motherboard and installed them?

Or do those speakers have some sort of goofy USB sound card built-in? If they do, did you download the e-machines driver's for that sound card?

I have been trying several drivers, in my device manager there are 2 ?'s, one says PCI DEVICE,,,,the other says PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER ........I do not know what these are the only thing that is not working is sound and I am very close to just going and buying one and call it quits lol

Doesn't e-machine have a support web site where you can download all the drivers for your particular computer? I suspect those are it, and you just need the drivers.

Yeah...but it seems that emachines is only supporting this machine on Vista so no XP drivers are on their site for this machine.

Same here

I am running into the same problem, and am going to try to work around it. The drivers for this machine are vista only it seems.

Google and get everest home and use that to figure out what audio hardware you have.

You really should consider getting a decent quality psu too. Emachine ones are of a notoriously poor quality and have a habit of blowing and taking the mobo with them.

Spending a bit of cash on a psu now could save you hundereds in the near future.

Hello

Your Right That Emachine Only Has The Vista O.s. Drivers For This Pc , But The Motherboard Is A " Intel Model D945gcl " You Can Look Up The Drivers On Intel.com In Drivers Downloads

Hope This Helps ........ Kybill1956

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back