External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup guys,
Looking to buy a new external harddrive, nothing fancy and around 2-300gb will be just about perfect.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

The only suggestion I would make is tomake sure that the external enclosure has an exhaust fan in it. I had one external drive finally cook itself to death in the first external encllosure I bought and used.

The only suggestion I would make is tomake sure that the external enclosure has an exhaust fan in it. I had one external drive finally cook itself to death in the first external encllosure I bought and used.

Allrighty, good one. So how do I make sure of that then?

For example, does this one have that?:

Western Digital USB2.0/Firewire 320GB 8MB Dual Option

Check Sabrent

Tambourine said:
Sup guys,
Looking to buy a new external harddrive, nothing fancy and around 2-300gb will be just about perfect.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

I bought a Sabrent Technologies USB 2.0 ext drive enclosure about a year ago for around $40. It has an IDE connector, power connector, AC line cord, and a small exhaust/cooling fan- aluminum case. It's for 5.25 in., but I just bought a cheap set of 5.25 to 3.5 rails, and it worked fine. Used it to "clone" an 80G HDD to a 250G. Worked great. It left me with more to spend on HDD space, as "dedicated" externals are more expensive.
(found it at fry's walk-in store, on sale) :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back