Fatal Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostbusterhull

Hi
I have a computer (details below) that was stripped and custom built from parts. It then worked perfectly fine until i replaced it with a new one. it then had it's hard drive wiped. I am now attempting too get it working too use with my new TV purly for watching stuff. I've got a copy of window's 98 loaded onto it (it was the only version i could get too work) but now seven time out of ten when loading it come up with
'Fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:xxxxxx (the first four digit's seem to be the same but the rest change's)'
Ive tried uninstalling window and started again but still get the fatal error.
When i actually get into window 98 when ever i try anything this same problem eventually occurs
Any one know what's wrong?

Because i'm a newbie, don't know whats relevant, so i'll give you what i know.
The computer is a tower cpu pulled together by my brother in law. It was working fine as a main computer, then we replaced it with a whole new system. Somewhere along the line my brother removed the hard drive and wiped it. The details are: processer amd sepmpron, Hard drive is oaktech mscd001 20048k 512bytes 2 sectors and 64 directory entries. even though there's only half a dozen things when you run a dir on dos. i'm trying to load up any operating system that will work. but so far only have an official win95 version that does anything. The boot disc is a win98. Downloaded boot discs have been unsuccessful. I've opened it up, and have been unsuccessful in finding any more information. I hope this helps. If any more info is needed i may have to be told where to get it from.
Everyone's been great so far i hope someone can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back