Faulty modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megabomination

My PCI slot dial up modem only works once after i uninstall it (add or remove programs) and restart PC? After i hang up then try to reconnect i get an error 721 or 633. Have used modem troubleshooter but to no avail. Restarting PC WITHOUT uninstalling renders the same problem! Problem SEEMED to occur after installing Motorola phone tools program and plugging in mobile phone. Have uninstalled this programme completely and unplugged phone of course but still the same? Any help appreciated. P.S. I have used this programme before without ant drama? I reinstalled it as i reinstalled windows!

Error 721: The remote computer is not responding
Error 633 The port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access Dialout

This can be a driver issue, you may wish to Google your modem drivers, or ideally go to the modem's manufacturers support page.

PCI slot dial up modem. Hmm Sometimes it's a lot easier just to remove it, and purchase a new one, they're very very cheap now highspeed is in.

megabomination said:
Problem SEEMED to occur after installing Motorola phone tools program and plugging in mobile phone.
uninstall Motorola phone tools, reboot, and then retest your dial-out.

it's likely a configuration conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back