Firefox/opera/IE function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiziks

I'd like to know how to remove the download dialogue and have firefox automatically run applications upon clicking a download link...

also if anybody knows how to do it in opera or any other browser (for other interested users), post that also

Ok, I know in the settings it has the option to not display the dialogue or the "download manager" window but after these are configured it still displays both, I have a pic \V/ with "the save all files to..." option selected (this was taken after restart of the program), anyways off subject, how can I just run them and have the program clear them on exit?

Attachments

• DLDiag.JPG
    DLDiag.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 7
I concur with RBS.

It`s far better to save a downloaded file to disk. At least that way you can do a antivirus scan, before you attempt to run it. You should pay particular attention to any executable files.

Anything else is just asking for trouble.

Regards Howard :)

I am going to have to agree with both RBS and Howard on this one. Although I will have to admit I have been know to run a file straight from servers that I download from all the time and trust a lot. Even though I still know that it isn't a very good idea. :dead:

yeah duh, I didn't ask if it was safe or not.. it doesn't matter, I'm not worried about security

and what is this antivirus nonsense you speak of?

mozilla suite browser does it. YOu have to change the settings in the download preferences. I don't recommend it unless you know what the file is beforehand.

for mozilla or firefox on the start of dwnld it should ask what do you want to do
open or save
use open cmd browse for the windows msi installer
this will run the exe
I don't know why you would want cause its just as easy and safer to dwnld to where you want to save and click it to run.
the main exe is now in the temp dir in windows and in user tmp files
the user temp files get deleted and if you run a cleaner then the install or setup exe in the windows temp gets deleted

mozilla suite... plus running and saving are the same thing, except selecting run will save it temporarily, run it, and expunge it (which I want, I mean, I'm gonna run the damn thing either way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back