First time OC'er who needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to over clock my computer with the only problem bieng I cannot do anything vie the BIOS b/c I am using a HP computer that I hate now, and can't be OC'ed by the BIOS

My system specs are

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2200 mhz
Mainboard - MSI AMETHYST-M
Chipset- ATI RS482
CPU Voltage 1.10V

I would love for someone to guide me through the process and show me a few programs I can use to tweak my voltage, multipliers and everything I really want to make my 2.2 GHZ into alot more...

When I attempt to use Clockgen and push it past 2.3 GHZ I get the Blue Screen of Death and the computer crashes... so any advice, and guidance would be very much apreciated, I was looking and saw how helpfull you guys are and how a few people got off very well with thier O/C

" so any advice, and guidance would be very much apreciated"...

Overclocking is done by bios settings and the hardware. You have essentially answered your own questions here... "can't be OC'ed by the BIOS"... When you start building your own systems, that will be the time to learn about overclocking

Branded computers generally can't be overclocked, so you're kinda out of luck there.

Your options seem to be to replace the motherboard, or just stick with what you got.

And really, I don't think its worth the money replacing the motherboard just to overclock. Better off just buying a new PC or something.

You might want to register with "Overclockers Anomyous".....online forum. They will have your answers. Sometimes it's not worth it to O'C at all. Overclocking requires much cooling, knowledge of your setup, etc. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back