Fish finder SD card

The product specifications just say "32GB or smaller in capacity" which strongly suggests that you should use microSDHC cards; standard microSD max out at 2GB and microSDXC/SDUC are more than 32GB. It also needs to be formatted in FAT32.

@neeyik It mat be that you can use the larger capacity cards, but the device won't register more than 32 GB, regardless of the card'e capacity. That way, the TS could use whatever cards he has available.

If you think that type of experimenting has a danger to the equipment, by all means, ignore or rebut anything I've said.

I do know that Nikon tends to limit the brand and capacity of the cards they "certify", but you can pretty jamb whatever you have in their cameras and it will work. In the case of DSLRs, it's obviously that people need to know the time of video, or number of exposures available from any given card capacity.

Of course write speed is big factor when choosing cards for high megapixel bodies

Did a bit of a Wikipedia-rabbit-hole type of research with this one, because at first I had know idea what on Earth a "lowrance HDS carbon fish finder" was; then got sucked into a world of fish finders! From reading a variety of snippets from Lowrance support people and others, this particular device seems to only supports FAT32.

Original SD cards tend to be FAT16 and SDXC/SDUC are usually exFAT, so the file format limitation pretty much limits it to microSDHC. In theory, you could take a 256GB SDUC card and format it to FAT32, and that should work. But it's a bit of a waste of 224GB :)

Original SD cards tend to be FAT16 and SDXC/SDUC are usually exFAT, so the file format limitation pretty much limits it to microSDHC. In theory, you could take a 256GB SDUC card and format it to FAT32, and that should work. But it's a bit of a waste of 224GB :)
The theory is plausible, you need to check :)

Back