Hi, So what's happened is that my usb no longer shows on explorer. It shows on devices and printers, though, and says the device is "working properly". I've tried looking for this problem in a lot of forums in the past few days, but no luck. There are similar issues, and people have suggested things like changing the letter assigned to the drive through disk management and uninstalling/ re-installing the drives. Unfortunately that has achieved nothing. Others also said to run some free data recovery software but none of them have helped because they rely on you identifying the drive through explorer so ... ! This is when and how it happened: I was moving files from my laptop hard drive to my usb so that I could do a clean install. All was well, then suddenly it just stopped working. Some of the files are still on my computer. There was a prompt saying that the flash drive needs to be formatted, but that was out of the question for me since the files on the drive are super important. I mean REALLY important. So I didn't go for it. (I had my files backed up on an external drive also but unfortunately that device has also been malfunctioning. I really, really need to extract my files from this usb). I don't think there is a physical issue with the drive. It's a 1.5 year old top of the line TDK model and I look after it pretty well. If anyone can offer their expertise/ experience, I'd be very grateful.