FPS in WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so heres the problem, I play WoW alot, and every tıme I run ıt I get dısconnected because my frames are so low, I usually have around 5-10 fps, usually but every once ın a whıle I wıll get alot more, IDK why thıs happens but any help wıll be much apprcıated, as my computer used to run 15 fps or more
Specs;

Core Duo
2gb RAM
1.83 GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce 6150
80 gb Hard drıve,
Vıdeo RAm 128 MB
Wındows VISTA

Thanks

Replace that video card with just about anything you can buy these days and you'll have much better performance. Make sure your replacement can be supported by your existing hardware (proper slot, power requirements, size.)

Avoid 64-bit memory you need 128-bit or 256-bit GPU, 256MB of DDR3 and Geforce 6200 works great. Still if you need higher card don't get less RAM. Read the specs of the card before you buy. Buzz words like fps is what you need to focus on fps 30 frames per second. I would replace the HDD also with 7,200rpm 250GB SATA II if you can use that in your system instead of IDE.

Replace that video card with just about anything you can buy these days and you'll have much better performance. Make sure your replacement can be supported by your existing hardware (proper slot, power requirements, size.)

I concur that your video card is definitely your bottleneck and there isn't much you can do to improve frame rate besides replacing it. If you post the specs for your motherboard (really need to know the video card slot type) and powersupply someone can give you a recommendation. Also if you have any price constraints those would be helpful too.

To answer your question about why it has slowed down some- have you installed any of the update packs for WoW? Any new update with additional content can be more taxing on your computer. You could also try to clean out additional programs and get of extra stuff that is residing in memory, but that isn't going to make much of a difference. A new Hard Drive might help loading times, but isn't going to help your FPS either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back