Frame rate drop and cpu temps unstable

My cpu goes to around 65 then drops to around 30 - 40 then I get huge a huge frame rate drop to around 10 - 20 frames no matter what setting I'm on (ultra or low) then this lasts for about 15 seconds then my frames come back, please help!
I've tried
Removing malware
I'm on build 1511 Windows 10
Cpu cooler has been applied correctly with thermal paste
Brand new graphics card
I've turned maximum power to %99
Amd cool n quiet is turned off
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

System build:
Amd fx 8350
Cooler master hyper evo 212
Msi GeForce Gtx 1060 6gt
As rock 970+ extreme4

You are going over specification... maximum temp is 61C (http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-8-Core-Black-Edition/FX-8350/92). Your cooler should be keeping your temp below 60C (more like 55C with fan on full) as it can handle up to 180 W (your CPU is 125 W).

In your shoes, I would re-examine cooler instructions and consider removing and re-attaching. It could be a problem caused by an alien death ray, but it is most likely the mechanical attachment of the cooler ( I hate the funny little kits and, yes, I have done it wrong more than once).

You are going over specification... maximum temp is 61C

You can't make statements like that without knowing the source of the temperature.

CPUs these days don't report a temperature directly so the 65°C either comes from another sensor (such as one in the socket provided by the motherboard) or it's derived from the thermal information the CPU does report. Both sources can vary among them selves and with each other and without the information on what it is then it's difficult to say for certain whether it's overheating.

The thermal information the CPU reports is an scale counting down to 0, which is the CPU's maximum temperature. AMD's own monitoring/overclocking utility calls this thermal margin (although labels it in °C which I'm not sure is correct):
http://www.amd.com/en-gb/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/over-drive

The easy way to check for overheating is to look for it's results. If the CPU is getting too hot then the clockspeeds will be reduced to cut the heat output. If they're a long way below 4Ghz with this happens then it probably is overheating.

You can't make statements like that without knowing the source of the temperature.

CPUs these days don't report a temperature directly so the 65°C either comes from another sensor (such as one in the socket provided by the motherboard) or it's derived from the thermal information the CPU does report. Both sources can vary among them selves and with each other and without the information on what it is then it's difficult to say for certain whether it's overheating.

The thermal information the CPU reports is an scale counting down to 0, which is the CPU's maximum temperature. AMD's own monitoring/overclocking utility calls this thermal margin (although labels it in °C which I'm not sure is correct):
http://www.amd.com/en-gb/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/over-drive

The easy way to check for overheating is to look for it's results. If the CPU is getting too hot then the clockspeeds will be reduced to cut the heat output. If they're a long way below 4Ghz with this happens then it probably is overheating.
Then I shall leave this problem in your capable hands.

Then I shall leave this problem in your capable hands.

I think you've got the right answer, it definitely sounds like thermal throttling. I'm just pointing out that a temperature reading isn't a definitive indicator of it without knowing the details.

I think my Mobo isn't compatable with 8000 series, that's what some people are saying

I couldn't see the 970+ Extreme 4 but if it's a 970 Extreme4 then it definitely is compatible:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970 Extreme4/?cat=CPU

Please go to YouTube and search on "installing cooler master hyper 212 evo am3+" - review these videos to see if your heatsink was installed properly. Backplate and adjustments are frequent cause of problems like yours.

Back