Freeze due to internet connection

oslec

Hi!

Good day! (could be bad day for me).

I have this problem with my new, more than 1 month age laptop. It always hang/freeze every time the internet connection (wireless or wired) get lost. It freeze as if i cannot move the cursor. Pressing cntr+alt+del won't work. My last option would be to press the off button and then start again.

Things got fine but after the internet connection got lost again, it hung again. I have 2 other computers in the home group and they didn't encounter such thing.

Please do advise me. Your time and concerns will be very much appreciated...

God bless.

Windows complete install not convinced

A brighter day!

Thank you so much for the your reply Tmagic.

Well, actually I am not convinced if the technician completely install the windows 7 ultimate when I purchased the laptop since he forgot to include the bluetooth. My OS is only cracked.

To tell you honestly, I am not that computer wizard, so your detailed advice is very much appreciated. How will I know if I have all the Windows updates applied and the service pack 1 you are referring to?

Thank you and may the God bless you for your generosity.

I will wait your kind reply.

First, with Windows 7, go into start, all programs, windows update. Select check for updates repeatedly until no more updates are found. Even if it says Windows is up to date, check once more. Be sure to also select and install all optional updates...

To check if you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed, go to Control Panel, System and the opening page will tell you

Genuine os concern

Thank you again for your immediate response.

Does cracked OS not concern with the windows updates?

"Does cracked OS not concern with the windows updates?"...

When you say "cracked" do you mean pirated or illegal?

OS windows7

Yes, it is not genuine.

Anyway, this is my observation:

My laptop is automatically connected (wireless) to the internet. When I disconnect, it seems fine. After a while, I connect, it also fine. But when I disconnect again, that's the time it got freeze. I cannot move the mouse nor cntr+al+del doesn't work. I just turned off my laptop with the power button.

I tried the networking troubleshooter and it says it fixed the problem. But it didn't.

Problem solved

A very good day!

Well, as what I suspetcted, it might be corrupted files that may cause the freezing. I went to the shop where I bought the laptop. He did the wireless network troubleshooting. But it didn't solve the problem. He suggest to REINSTALL THE OS. I agree and that's it! Problem about freezing regarding internet connection is solved!

Thank you for the views and replies. I am looking forward to post again whenever any problem arise.

Thanks to techspot.com. I have learned something. Cheer!

Make sure when you come back, Windows is legal and genuine. I'm sure you will get used to the black desktop sooner or later

Back